Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 2.

Sorry for keeping my avid reader(s) (Cabell) waiting for so long, unlike the day before --Lewis-- I got housed last night and definitely wasn't able to write.

I woke up around 10 a.m. (this is Tuesday) and lied in bed for 30 minutes to collect myself. I actually felt great and had not felt that good since last Wednesday morning before my regional 10,000m. race (for obvious reasons that culminate an end of a dry season). John and Thomas were coming over at 11. Thus, I had about 30 minutes to kill. I drank a decent amount of water, but was not hungover so I decided to frat my first beer of the day. Ten minutes later, I went for my first run of the day. The run felt great besides the fact that my left hip was acting up. I ran the first 3 miles with T-Bakes and then did the last 5 miles on my own-- I was rolling the last 5 miles.

After my run I took some time to get hydrated with some water and then drank a couple more beers while eating 3 Taco Bell Crunchy Beefy Burritos. During the past three days I have consumed 10 Beefy Crunchy Burritos-- words cannot describe how excited John, Thomas, and I are that T-Bell brought it back.

Liam, John and I wanted to play some wiff so we went out to search for a bat. For whatever reason no store in Wiliamsburg has a wiffle ball bat and they only provide the huge "Whamo" sucker bats. This took about an hour of driving around to different locales and all I could think about was how thirsty I was for my Bud Heavies. Finally, we got back to the house after finding a bat in our locker room (where we should have checked in the first place) and I grabbed another 3 beers and we hit to the fields. It was pretty hot out on the field, but it was a great time. Liam is the cream of the class with a variety of pitches and fearless at bats.

Right after wiff, around 6 p.m., I went out for second run with six sloshing around. I was definitely inebriated for this run, which I quickly realized with my first couple steps. Twelve minutes in, I almost twisted my ankle pretty bad, but I shook it off and finished another 8 miles. The run was pretty easy I still have not had a moment where I felt as if I was going to throw up (writing this a day later and running on the roads at 90 degrees I know that this is no longer the case).

While on my run, I thought about how I kind of wanted to put some beers in the bank for the week and maybe changing my goals to 120/120 or 100/100 in six days. So when I got home, I ate another 2 T-Bell burritos and began drinking. As the night progressed, I ended up drinking 22 beers for the day and raising my tally to 37 beers in 2 days.

The night was filled with some Heat beating (:, some grueling beer pong games and a pretty 27-5 record in Naruto. I went to bed around 2:30, which was probably a mistake. I hadn't realized that it had gotten so late-- yes Lewis I was indeed very drunk for this night.

Day Count: 16 miles, 22 beers.
Total Count: 31 miles, 37 beers.

1 comment:

  1. As i got there and starting taking off my warmups, i realized that i had forgotten my running shoes and only had my nike air stabs! I immediately began yelling profane words, because the park was way to far away from campus to legitimately think anybody would drive back. Patterson noticed first and thoguht i shouldnt run, but gibby thought it would be alright, as long as i stayed on soft surfaces, to run in my worn out, beat up stabs.
    This happned to be one of the most painful experiences. My shins were dying for the first 20 minutes of the run and i was getting a little woriried, but aht eventually smoothed out. I began constantly tripping and nearly collapsing on the trails, as i was not use to the extra wegiht that was burdoning my legs. After John M. and left the group we were running with, everything began falling apart. My feet were aching and felt that i had a 1,000 blisters making the last 20 minutes of my run a living hell. I began crawling and just praying for it to be over. Eventually i got through it. This possibly was the worst 16 miles i have ever run. - feb 21st 2010

    ReplyDelete